http://www.spinexpo.com/shanghai/index.php?PAGE=trends_preview&ID=3
http://www.scout.com.au/Trend-Reports/SS14-Womens-Colour-Trend-907
http://www.tfl.com/web/files/colour_trends_2014.pdf
After coming back from the Spring fair and hearing the talks and seminars about trend forecasting and the Pantone colour forecast for SS14 I had an idea of the type of colours I wanted to use for the Tigerprint competition.
I started by getting out some watercolours and paints and working out which colours worked together. There was something interesting about being able to mix colours, try out different shades and see how colours worked together rather than sitting behind a mac and doing it.. once I was sure about the colours that I wanted to use I looked into the type of pattern I wanted to use..
I had draw this pattern a few weeks a go, but hadn't really found a use for it, it really fitted the type of look I was going for the competition, it's really floral but also quite contemporary with the harsh lines too. The next step was to take it into photoshop and start layering the pattern over the water colour patterns.
Working to the 500 x 500 pixels format for the final submissions..
Final 5 + Trend Boards
Above are the final 5 designs that I chose to submit. I think the colours work really well together and they do reflect the colours that are forecast for spring/summer 2014.
A long with the patterns you also had to submit a mood/trend board. This always makes me think of interior designers when they go crazy with fabric and paint swatches.. I always feel the compulsive need to place things at an angle for no apparent reason.
So I submitted the designed and emailed the trend board and when I checked this morning the designs had been uploaded onto the website. Quite interesting to see the kind of patterns that people had created, I wanted to make sure the pattern was true to the research that I had done and did actually reflect the colour trends that were forecast.. and not just picking ones that I like.
I think I'm going to look at developing the colours further for the homeware range, I don't think I'll work with this pattern put the Pantone colours on the trend boards are the colours that I'm going to research further and use for the development of the brief.



























No comments:
Post a Comment