I started working on the Victorian Collection logo this morning and decided that it would be best to start working in colour, as I think one of the things that was putting me off quite a lot was the fact that when the logo is all in black it's much harder to visualise.. well to me it is anyway.
Thought about having the circles the same colour as the 'v' but making them 50% opacity.. I think this works best at the moment. I just need to decide on which colour represents the entire collection. eek. I think ideally it's got to be one of the colours that isn't used here.. which leaved the lighter green and the yellow/peachy shade.
I added both victorian and homeware collection but I'm not sure which one I really wan't to go with at the moment. I think saying Victorian collection will make the logo more understandable, but then as the collection is a contemporary take on Victorian designs I'm not entirely sure that it going to work the best. Hmmmmmmm. I think for now having homeware collection is going to be the best option.
Seeing how the logo works in black and white, just changed the circles and the type to 50% opacity. I quite like it in black and white. But obviously I don't think I can use that at the primary colour..
Primary Logo?
I decided that it would look quite sophisticated to have the v and the type in a light grey and then have the circles in colour, as this shows all the colours in the entire collection without using any particular colour for the v. I like it.
I think the balance between the grey and the colours needs to be adjusted slightly, instead of just having a certain opacity for all of the colours I decided that I would need to alter each one individually to ensure they worked together. The only thing that is annoying me now is the SS/14 type. oh dear. I think I need to change it.
I don't know if this is enough. I think ideally I should keep it the same weight. The / is annoying me as it doesnt align with anything. fhghghgqegbnlwfekaw;.
Hmm.
RIGHT. DECISION MADE. FINALLY.
This one. slightly off centre just a bit but the . is aligned with the centre of the v which makes me happy. Just need to refine the kerning and make it look beautiful.


















No comments:
Post a Comment