Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Victorian Collection Logo

One of the points raised by Matt and Neil when I went to see them was that for the colour/homeware brief I needed to make sure that I didn't loose sight of the main aspect of the brief which is branding - and not the patterns. The feedback I got for the black and white brief from the last module made me realise that It's fine to include pattern into my briefs but at the end of the day the main focus is the branding and the graphic design side of it. So with this in mind I didn't want to develop any other part of the brief without focusing on ensuring the branding was perfect first. 


(Thanks Matt.)




I started off just picking a load of different 'V's and seeing which one would work best just by adding in some white space.. Wasn't really feeling it. 












I thought about adding one of the original patterns into the white space, but I didn't really think one pattern would entirely fit the branding and it seemed a bit random as it appeared to be far too linear rather than representing the circles that make up the final pattern.




After abandoning the original idea I decided to see if I could fit the circular pattern into it somehow, I based this on the original idea that Matt mentioned, but again I didn't really know if it was working. I'm going to leave this for now and then come back to it tomorrow and see if I can make something of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment