On Friday whilst I was at home I had arranged to go and see Matt at Work Design, where I had done my placement at the end of Aug. I had been in touch but thought it would be a good time to go and show Matt what I had been up to. I got the chance to go though my work with both Matt and Neil which was great. What I hadn't realised was that how demotivated and negative I was about my work, graduating and life in general. I really didn't think it was so noticeable. But it was.
Matt and Neil both gave me some really constructive criticism regarding my portfolio and gave me some really useful pointers about my FMP brief. I also hadn't realised just how lost I was with my briefs. Oh dear.
Portfolio
- Black and white - make more of the graphics, craft the 'floral collection' logo show the branding not the patterns. Make the print, labels and packaging the main focus. (Pretty much need to change it to how it was before my progress surgeries..)
- Alternative careers - one of the strongest projects, the type and layout is really strong - need to showcase that more
- Ella Ruth Branding - a good project, pages seem a but busy, showcase the logo larger and then include a few images of my work.
- YCN - UK Greetings, xmas card project. Another strong project, the idea is really good, maybe consider the point of sale. How could it work in a more commercial context.
- Vintage Luxe - Tabby Rose - Love the vintage luxe branding, refine the tabby rose branding, focus on the packaging and include this.
- Out of View - weakest project, take it out.
- Seventeen - A good brief but too similar to the lola and grace one - consider taking it out.
- Lola & Grace - show the relationship between the pattern and the logo. Great brief. Focus more on the packaging, second page isn't as strong.
No comments:
Post a Comment