Thursday, 11 April 2013

Elizabeth Rose

Branding.
After getting the sample business cards from Moo.com one of the main issues was that as the type was so thin it didn't print as well as it should have, me and Liz decided that it would be best to make the logo slightly bolder so that it prints better. Hopefully.





I think that Liz is still keen to keep the type in the middle so I need to ensure that there is enough white space as possible, also realised that we need to include Surface Pattern Designer (or what ever Liz decides) as it wasn't actually obvious. 




I think Liz is quite happy with the shade of blue, although I do think that if she wants different prints on the reverse side it is going to be a problem as they might not always compliment the blue. I'm thinking maybe a grey? Might be quite nice and be quite sophisticated too.

Promo.
One of the things that me and Liz have been discussing is a promo pack. The simplest option is to create a 12 page A5 booklet (I looked on doxdirect.com and depending on the finishing we could get something really nice) I started playing around with the layout, although I still need the final images from Liz as well as the description for each project before I can continue working on the layout but thought it would good to just play around with some ideas first.


I think it would work really well to have a really simple front cover - taking the type from the business cards. I think it looks quite sophisticated.









I think I really need to meet up with Liz about the work, and decide on a layout, I don't really think it is going to work having each page exactly the same so once I get the projects It will be easier to see how each page could be laid out I do think that as her work is so colourful and playful I will need to include a lot of white space. I don't think I'm going to work any more on the promo pack until I know exactly what Liz wants. So I'm going to continue refining the business cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment